Thank you for your interest in supporting our community by volunteering with Yamhill Carlton Together Cares Athletic Programs. Coaching youth is an exciting way to get involved in our community and inspire the next generation.
Coaches are expected to uphold and enforce all rules and regulations and must abide by the following code of conduct.
All coaches are required to submit an application, pass a criminal background check, and obtain concussion training certification. Other requirements might be necessary depending on the program you are interested in volunteering with.
Coaches Code of Conduct:
- I will ensure that winning or losing is done in a manner that exhibits respect and good sportsmanship
- I will treat all players, parents, spectators, umpires, league officials and the YCTC board members with respect
- I will provide instruction in a manner that is constructive and supportive
- I will not tolerate behavior that endangers the health or well-being of a child
- I will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policies, and procedures established by YCTC
- I will teach the game to the best of my ability
- I will be drug/alcohol/tobacco free while at any YCTC athletic event (including, but not limited to, games and practices)
- I will keep an open line of communication with program directors, coaches, parents, and officials.
- I will always keep youth sports a positive and fun experience for my team
- I will not post content on any social media site that would harm/damage YCTC’s reputation
YCTC executive board has implemented a 'Zero Tolerance Policy.' Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct will result in discipline by the YCTC Board of Directors. Penalties will result in suspension and/or termination of your position. As a YCTC volunteer coach you are a direct representative of Yamhill Carlton Together Cares and we expect, and will hold you to, high standards.