Welcome to TOPSoccer – Program Information
TOPSoccer is a program for children with special assistance -
NO TOP SOCCER RIGHT NOW DUE TO COVID 19
Read below then click here to register!
note : You will only need to register once for Fall and Spring, please direct any questions to: [email protected]
The WV Soccer Association is happy to continue TOPSoccer in this area, through MUSC in combination to Stepping Stones!
TOPSoccer (The US Soccer Federation's Outreach Program for Soccer) is a soccer league designed for children with physical and/or mental disabilities who are not able to participate on a typical soccer team.
It is an adapted program to give these youngsters an opportunity to enjoy the world’s most popular game!
TOPSoccer promotes a caring and inclusive environment where self-esteem, social skills, overall fitness and participation are emphasized over competition. TOPSoccer gets kids off the sidelines and allows them to participate in the game of soccer. Participants have the opportunity to be paired with a volunteer Buddy. Groups will be formed based on ability, not age.Each session will include fun ball activities and skills followed by small sided games. The TOPSoccer sessions are run by Soccer licensed coaches and assisted by volunteers, TOPSoccer Buddies.
SPRING SCHEDULING INFORMATION:
- Weekly Program will begin April 19th on Sunday at 2 to 2:50.
- Dates of all the programs include April 19th, 26th , May 3rd, 10th and 17th
- All training and game sessions will be held on Sunday afternoon at ITC ( indoor training facility). Directions can be found under " field tab"
- WE ARE HAPPY THAT STEPPING STONES PROVIDED SOCCER IN THE FALL AND WE ARE HAPPY TO PROVIDE IN THE SPRING SO THESE ATHLETES CAN PLAY YEAR AROUND!
- Each session is 50 minutes and will run:
- Ages 4 – 13 (2006 - 2015)
- Boys and Girls U5-U14
- Registration Fee: $30.00 only required to register one time for Fall and Spring
- Practice shirt will be included
Raymond Kryzak is a TOPSoccer certified instructor with MUSC. He will be running the program this Spring at MUSC and has won the 2019 Soccer Buddy of the Year WVSA!
Molly Russell, MUSC Director of TOPSoccer, 2018 Soccer Buddy of the Year WVSA!
- Have Fun
- Build Self-Esteem
- Improve Physical Fitness
- Improve Social Skills
- Build Friendships
- Learning how to Play Soccer
- Learning about Good Sportsmanship
WHAT YOU NEED FOR TRAINING/GAMES:
TOPSoccer is a WVSA directed program that MUSC will host and run, the registration is on a different website.
- Athletic Shorts
- Team Shirt for Weekly Session (provided with registration fee)
- Socks & Shin Guards
- Water or Sports Drink
- athletic shoes or cleats
This link will take you to TOPSoccer registration: link coming soon :)
QUESTIONS? CONTACT Raymond Kryzak at: [email protected]