Boys 2010 through 2003:
Registration for Travel Tryouts CLOSED ON April 14th. Walk-up fees will apply for any player who did not register prior to April 14th.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
Boy's Travel Coordinator: Peter Kierland 2017-2018 Season
Age group 2017-2018 Season (Based on Player Birth Year)2010 Boys
2002 Boys and older Consult the Boy's Travel Coordinator
Tryout dates are:
- Players will now be placed in a competitive soccer environment, according to each team's ability level, in a travel league.
- The Tryout schedule for boys will be released shortly for the 2017-2018 season.
- Players will continue to develop individual technical and tactical knowledge of the game.Teamwork and sportsmanship will continue to be emphasized.
- Tournament play opportunities will also be available to interested teams.
BOYS Field Evaluations:
10 Boys: Saturday 4/22 1:30p-3p and Wednesday 4/26 6p-7:30p
09 Boys: Saturday 4/22 4:30p-6p and Tuesday 4/25 6p-7:30p
08 Boys: Saturday 4/22 3p-4:30p and Tuesday 4/25 6p-7:30p
07 Boys: Saturday 4/22 1:30p-3p and Wednesday 4/26 6p-7:30p
06 Boys: Saturday 4/22 3p-4:30p and Friday 4/28 7:30p-9p
05 Boys: Saturday 4/22 6p-7:30p and Wednesday 4/26 7:30p-9p
04 Boys: Saturday 4/22 4:30p-6p and Thursday 4/27 7:30p-9p
03 Boys: Saturday 4/22 6p-7:30p and Tuesday 4/25 7:30p-9p
Friday 4/21: OPTIONAL Keeper Evaluations:
6p-7p: 09,08,07,06 Boys and Girls
7p-8p: 05,04,03 Boys and Girls
Global Premier Soccer (GPS) trainers will be conducting all tryouts and evaluating all the boys and girls for each age group. Head coaches will also be evaluating at tryouts. Both tryout sessions will be run the same way and the same criteria will be used. The tryout will consist of various technical skills activities and small-sided game play.
- GPS evaluators will conduct the tryouts along with former HSC Head Coaches within the age group.
- Players need only attend one tryout if only trying out in their birth year.
- If a player attends both tryouts within their birth year, their best score will be used.
- The tryout fee $0 if pre-registered.
- Registration for tryouts closes April 14th.
- Walk up tryout fee will be $10.
- If a player is offered and accepts a spot on a Harrison SC roster, a registration fee of $165 will be due within 48hrs
- This registration fee includes funding for a team trainer. It does not include a uniform.
- All players will be required to purchase a new uniform since we are beginning a new 2 year uniform cycle.
- Times below are subject to change; registration numbers may dictate a change.
- Please read below carefully on HSC Tryout Guidelines (mandated by USSF* and NJYS*) so you know how to correctly register your child.
2010 Boys & Girls: The only birth year eligible is 2010 (no 2011 players will be allowed). 2010 players will not be allowed to play up one year.
2009-2003 Boys & Girls: All incoming 2009-2003 players in Fall 2016, are eligible to play up ONE calendar birth year age group.
However, it will be required that:
(1) the player MUST attend at least one tryout in his/her calendar birth year age group. Failing to attend one tryout in the player’s birth year age group will result in that player being placed on the lowest rated team in their age group, as long as a roster spot is available.
(2) He/she may attend a second tryout for the age group that is ONE calendar birth year older. Players registering for more than one age group are doing so with the knowledge that the club will place them according to their tryout results. If a player chooses to tryout for an older age group, he/she will be placed on the highest rated team they scored on with the older age team being the tie-breaker. For example, if a 2006 player rates on both the 2006 and 2005 “A” teams, that player will be placed on the 2005 “A” team. However, if a player rates on the 2006 “A” team and the 2005 “B” team, that player will be placed on the 2006 “A” team. As in years past, teams are formed based on tryout ratings and those decisions are final. It is not a player’s choice which team they will be placed on. As a township soccer club our primary focus is making sure as many young travel players as possible have a team in Harrison SC to play for.
(3) If you intend on having your child tryout to play up one calendar year when registering select your child's DOB + 1 Birth Year:
Boys 2004 + 1 Birth Year (2003)
This will indicate that a boy born in 2004 will be trying out for the 2003 team as well as a team within his age group.
- Equipment:Each 2009- 2005 player will need to have a size 4 ball, shin pads, and cleated shoes.
- Each 2004 and older player will need to have a size 5 ball, shin pads, and cleated shoes.
- Practices arranged by the individual coach.
- Games Sunday afternoon
- 2010-2008 (7v7)
- 2007- 2006 (9v9)
- 2005-2003 (11v11)
- All rules of soccer will apply.