Intellectual Wellness is engaging in creative and stimulating mental activities to expand your knowledge and skills and help discover the potential for sharing your gifts with others.
An intellectually well person:
- Cherishes mental growth and stimulation
- Is involved in intellectual and cultural activities
- Is engaged in the exploration of new ideas and understandings
Reaching Intellectual Wellness
Traveling an intellectual wellness path allows you to explore issues related to problem solving, creativity, and learning. It also allows more time spent pursuing personal interests, including reading books, magazines, and newspapers, while keeping abreast of current issues and ideas. Intellectually well people are also curious and interested in communities and the world around them. As you develop your intellectual curiosity, you'll actively strive to expand and challenge your mind with creative endeavors.
Are you engaged in the process of intellectual wellness?
- Am I open to new ideas?
- Do I seek personal growth by learning new skills?
- Do I search for lifelong learning opportunities and stimulating mental activities?
- Do I look for ways to use creativity?
If you answered "No" to any of the questions, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your intellectual wellness.