Ohio law now requires all head coaches, assistant coaches and referees to complete a Concussion workshop. There are various courses that meet the requirements. The SBAA recommends the free NFHS online course located here.
For additional information on Ohio's Return to Play Law, which went into effect on April 26, 2013, please visit their website at this link.
In accordance with the policies of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, all employees, volunteers and coaches associated with the children of the Catholic Church or schools MUST be VIRTUS trained. This training is designed to increase the public awareness about child sexual abuse, and to try to provide adults with the knowledge and tools they need to help prevent and, if necessary, to respond appropriately to child sexual abuse.
Individuals wishing to volunteer their time can complete the VIRTUS Training at any of the training facilities identified on the VIRTUS website. Once the training has been completed, a copy of the certificate must be presented to the Director of the program.
In order to register for a VIRTUS Training session please go to www.virtusonline.org and follow the instructions listed below:
1. Sign on to www.virtusonline.org
2. On the left side, click on Registration (under the log-in button)
3. Click on “view a list of sessions” or select online version
4. Select Cincinnati (Archdiocese) from the drop down list.
5. Click on “Start Registration”
6. Create your own ID a password (please keep this for your own record)
7. Complete the information page and Continue
8. Select Guardian Angels (Cincinnati) from the drop down list for Primary Location.
9. Mark position with school such as volunteer and enter Title such as Coach.
10. Answer the next two pages of questions.
11. Choose a session.