News Detail

16

Oct, 2019

Board Meeting Minutes 10-7-2019


Board and General Membership Meeting Minutes

  1. Attendees

    Chris Yakey – President

    Jed Jones – Vice President

    Dave Kaynor – Treasurer

    Kyle Nirganakis – Secretary

    Jeff Cyprus – Pitching Machine DC

    Wayne Spaedt – Communications Director

    Jen Wilson – Concessions Director

    Daniel Geigle – Member in Good Standing

    Gene Louzon – Member in Good Standing

    Chris Kawiecki

    Aaron Zuzga

    Bill Meyer

    Al Doss

    Jason Lewis

    Craig Maloney

    Justine Koehler

    Matt Schindler

  2. Introduction of the New Executive Board and Board of Directors.
  3. Treasurers Report. Presented Budget report, adopted and accepted by the Executive Board.
  4. Secretary’s Report – Basic.Introduction of New Positions.Those not in attendance include Tom Koehler – Equipment Manager and Julie Rowse – Event and Sponsorship Director
  5. Discussed posted by-laws, constitution, and divisional rules.Need to verify latest information is posted on the website.
  6. Field condition and facility update
    1. Lighting installed at The Shed.Electrical outlets for pitching machines and timers to be installed at Trombley.
    2. Batting Cages poles are falling over at Trombley.Need to repair and have installed correctly.Looking into renting a post hole digger.Scheduling Oct. 26th to be Fall Field Maintenance Day and we will affect the first step of repair for the batting cages.Planning on calling Miss Dig first.Al Doss may know someone to help provide equipment to help with repair.
    3. T-ball Fields – Township to help remove material and provide material.Chris Kawiecki to donate to allow us to install backstop fencing at the t-ball fields! Huzzah!
    4. Follow up on equipment order for batting cages material for treasurer’s report.
    5. Majors Fields (Yacks and Neil Reid).
      1. Need to discuss improvements for Yacks with school district.
      2. Jed/Chris to talk to Dan from Neil Reid to review needed improvements for Neil Reid.
      3. Kyle to stop by Neil Reid to put bases away.
      4. Increase length of landing zone at pitching mounds at these fields (and Trombley).Shredded clay to be used.
      5. Review baseball fields in the area for potential Intermediate field within our District.
  7. Discussed potential for Fall ball season within our league.Will keep this on the report for each meeting as we move forward.
  8. Registration is open.Signs to be removed from Shed by Chris and spread around the neighborhood.Objective is to increase registration.Adam Wit to look into posting on the Mt. Clemens Scroller.Needs information to do so.Looking into flyers at the Elementary schools beyond Peachjar.Any other ideas for increasing registration will be entertained by the Executive Board.
  9. Trunk or Treat
    1. Jed Jones to lead the Harrison Township Trunk or Treat, Dan Geigle to lead the Mt Clemens Trunk or Treat.Kyle Nirganakis to lead the South River Trunk or Treat and Loebestall will be led by Tom Koehler.
    2. Equipment for decorating trunks will be available at the Shed.
    3. Registration Flyers will be printed and available for passing out as well (Jen Wilson).

     

  10. Mt Clemens Thanksgiving/Santa Parade, Nov. 23rd.
    1. Will utilize previous float design with increase in signage.LCBB baseballs to be distributed with candy at parade.Mascots from Elementary schools to be secured for parade by the following people.
      1. South River_- Kyle Nirganakis
      2. Graham – Jed Jones
      3. Yacks – Harvey Cornett
      4. Tenniswood – Stefanie Share
      5. Loebestall – Tom/Justine Koehler
    2. Banners to be selected and utilized on float.May need to secure a new banner.
  11. FAQ for the website needed.To be developed and posted by Kyle Nirganakis.
  12. Walk-In Registration to be scheduled on February 3rd from 6pm-7pm at the Tucker Senior Center.Board and General Membership meeting to be conducting afterwards.
  13. Field Maintenance Manager position discussed.Job description to be written up and ratified at next meeting.
  14. General topic: fundraising.Many good ideas were discussed off the top of our heads.Action item to bring solid fundraising leads to the next meeting in November.

 

Action Items

Owner(s)

Deadline

Status

Check by-laws, constitution, and divisional rules are up to date on the Website. Edit as necessary.

Kyle Nirganakis

11-4-2019

In Progress

Fall Field Maintenance Day – Oct 26th starting at 9am. Coordinate volunteer help and activities. Call Miss Digg, secure equipment needed.

Executive Board

11-4-2019

In Progress, follow up day on Nov 2nd. Report out at next meeting.

Install donated backstop fencing at Tucker fields. Coordinate volunteer help and activities

Executive Board

11-4-2019

In Progress

Discuss field improvements with LC district for Yacks and Dan for Neil Reid.

Jed Jones

Chris Yakey

11-4-2019

In Progress

Put bases away at Neil Reid

Kyle Nirganakis

11/4/2019

In Progress

Review area fields for potential Intermediate targets and present findings at next meeting.

General Membership

11/4/2019

In Progress

Trunk or Treats – If anything is needed from the leaders, please communicate to the Executive Board and it will be addressed.

Jed Jones – HT

Dan G. – MC

Kyle N. – SR

Tom K. -- LS

Various dates

In progress

Print out registration flyers

Jen Wilson

10-20-2019

In Progress

Provide registration info to Adam Wit for Mt Clemens scroller

Chris Yakey

11-4-2019

In progress

Generate FAQ and add to web site.

Kyle Nirganakis

11-4-2019

In progress

Get registration signs out of shed and distribute.

Chris Yakey

11-4-2019

In Progress

Fundraising ideas, flesh out and present in detail.

General Membership

11-4-2019

In Progress

LCBB Grants – Investigate and discuss potential

Executive Board

11-4-2019

 

 

 

 

 

 

Local Sponsors