Website Manager

Euclid Youth Soccer

Euclid Youth Soccer

News Detail


Jul, 2020

Spring registration discount policy

EYSO families,

We appreciate your patience as we have tried to navigate the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our fall registration is now open and we are very hopeful that we will have a fall season. The health and safety of our players and their families remain our top priority, so we are proceeding with caution and following all applicable guidelines.

We know that there are many of you who have been wondering about some form of reimbursement for spring. Unfortunately we did not receive any reduction in cost from our insurance and player registration providers. As a league we operate on a very tight budget in order to keep our registration fees as low as possible. Still, we recognize that in these exceptional times we have to all help one another to get through.

When registration fees are charged for the fall season we will take the following actions:

  • Recreational players who registered in fall 2019 for the entire season will receive a $20 credit towards the registration fee for fall 2020.
  • Travel players who registered in fall 2019 will receive a $40 towards the registration fee for the 2020-2021 season.
  • All players who registered for spring only, who have not already received a refund, will receive a credit for 100% of what was paid toward the spring 2020 season. 

All credits will be done as a discount code that you can apply at checkout when you register for fall.

Why are we not reimbursing for half when the entire spring season was cancelled? All of your registration fees go directly into the operation of the league. The majority of our costs are up front and cannot be recovered. Those include player registration with Ohio North Soccer or USClub Soccer, liability insurance, team registration fees, and uniforms. That is typically about 60% of the registration fee. The remaining 40% could be divided into fall and spring costs for equipment, field rental, referee fees, and general league expenses. For example, a $100 registration fee could be broken down this way:

$25 - player registration, team registration, insurance
$10 - general league expenses
$25 - player uniform
$10 - fall referee and field expenses
$10 - fall equipment and league expenses
$10 - spring referee and field expenses
$10 - spring equipment and league expenses
(The expenses for different programs are slightly different)

We were hopeful that because of the spring cancellation we would receive some form of reimbursement or discount towards registration or insurance, but that is not going to be the case. 

Please recognize that we are going to have to make some sacrifices during this coming season in order to keep the league financially solid. This might include delaying purchases of equipment, cutting costs on uniforms, or reducing the availability of need-based scholarships. You can help in this effort! If you are able and would be willing to forego the discount, we will gratefully accept that as a donation to the league.

We hope this will help make soccer a possibility for all of our families. As always, if you have a situation that makes affording soccer difficult, please talk to the registrar about payment plan and scholarship options.

Please stay safe and do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

EYSO Board