Nor-Gwyn Baseball & Softball
ALL NOR-GWYN TEAM MANAGERS AND COACHES ARE REQUIRED TO CAREFULLY READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE TO BE SURE YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND AND COMPLY WITH THIS PROGRAM!
Due to insurance requirements, Nor-Gwyn has had a SafeKids program in place since 2002. This program is required to help protect our players from any potential abusive behavior that has become prevalent in the news.
Currently, our insurance company requires that a criminal background check be performed for ALL Coaches and Managers of ALL Nor-Gwyn teams within the last two years. Criminal background checks for adult volunteers and employees are commonplace for virtually all youth activities such as sports, schools, churches, and youth groups.
Nor-Gwyn provides three options to fulfill this new requirement:
Coaches and Managers complete the following optional fields on the volunteer screen when registering:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Driver's License Number
- State Driver's License Issued Date
- Driver's License Expiration Date
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime of violence, crime against a person, or a felony?
With this option, Nor-Gwyn League Officials perform the required background check.
Coaches and Managers may perform their own background check, at no cost as a Volunteer, and submit the certificate in one of two ways:
- Mail the certificate to Nor-Gwyn Baseball & Softball, P.O. Box 1397, North Wales, PA 19454
- Scan the certificate and attach to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use "SafeKids Background Check" as the subject of the e-mail.
Coaches and Managers who previously submitted a certificate dated on or after January 1, 2015 do not have to submit another form at this time. Criminal background checks are performed by the Pennsylvania State Police. They are done online, are fast and confidential.
Here is the procedure to follow for performing the criminal background check:
- Access the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History (PATCH) web site by clicking on the following link:
- Click on "New Record Check (Volunteers Only)" box and complete the requested information.The process is free to Volunteers.
- After submitting the background check information requested, the PATCH system will return a certificate which you can print out.
- Submit a copy of your PATCH criminal background check certificate to Nor-Gwyn as described above.
Coaches and Managers can submit a PATCH system certificate they previously obtained from another sport or activity, provided the certificate is dated on or after January 1, 2015. For these Coaches and Managers, it is not necessary to perform a separate background check for Nor-Gwyn.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT POINT: Prospective Nor-Gwyn Coaches and Managers cannot be selected without having fully complied with this requirement.