Games Played 11v11
Law 1. The Field of Play
Law 2. The Ball
- The ball shall be a size 5 to be provided by the home team.
Law 3. The Players
- Two teams play a match, each having not more than 11 players one of whom is the goalkeeper.
- Substitutions can be made at any stoppage in play and are unlimited.
Law 4. The Players Equipment
Law 5. The Referee
- MUSC shall provide a licensed referee, preferably at a level of Grade 8 or above.
Law 6. The Other Match Officials
- MUSC will attempt to assign Assistant Referees (AR’s) to all matches. In the event that they are unable to, the referee may ask the assistance of the coaches to get a parent to substitute for an AR. These “club AR’s” are to assist in calling out of bounds calls only.
Law 7. The Duration of the Match
- Shall consist of the match being divided into 2 equal halves of 40 minutes each. There shall be a half-time interval of 10 minutes.
- In situations where a winner needs to be determined and the need for over time exists. The overtime shall consist of 2-15 minute periods.
- If after this overtime there is still no winner, follow IFAB’s Kicks from the Penalty Mark.
Law 8. The Start and Restart of Play
Law 9. The Ball In and Out of Play
Law 10. Determining the Outcome of a Match
- Shall conform to IFAB, with the notes above from Law 7.
Law 11. Offside
Law 12. Fouls and Misconduct
Law 13. Free Kicks
Law 14. The Penalty Kick
Law 15. The Throw-In
Law 16. The Goal Kick
Law 17. The Corner Kick