Referee Coordinator - Stuart Marcus
Anyone interested in becoming a certified referee can get more information on the requirements and course at http://njrefs.com/BecomingaReferee/index_E.html. A link to register is provided at the bottom of the page. If you are not certified, please scroll down to the information on Grade 9 referee.
Registered Referee Links
Arbiter Sports Assigning System (Registered Users Only)
Referee Game Report
- Look the part (neat and professional)
- Wear the appropriate referee uniform
- Always be on time (arrive at the field at least 20 minutes early)
- Make sure that you have your equipment
- Red/Yellow Cards
- Stop watch or other timekeeping device
- Pencil & pad
- A copy of the Club guidelines (always a good idea for reference)
- Coin for coin toss
- No Drinks on field during game
- Blow the whistle and make calls with Authority
- Keep moving about the field of play with the ball
- Maintain control of game play. You are the authority figure in the game
- Instruct the younger players
- Start and end the game on time.
- Player shin guards must be worn under the socks. Players are not permitted on the field without them
- Treat all players, parents and coaches with respect. Yelling at a coach parent, or player is not acceptable referee behavior. If you have a problem with a parent, ask the coaches for assistance
- All referee decisions on the field are final! Do Not change your decision. Do not be influenced by coaches or board members.
- Please study the rules for each division prior to that game. They change by division